Monday, March 03, 2008

3 a.m. World.

I have that 3 a.m. feeling again, where you're wide awake and in the darkness everything loses form and everything around you looks like a cubist painting - Shapes. Lines. Circles. Squares. Octogons. Just shapes - no depth, no dimension.

It's a strange time to be awake.
You are the only one on this alien planet. You are the only one alive.
This is not the time for conventions. You are the convention.
You can reinvent the world.
You can rewrite histories. Rearrange gravity.
Erase time, invalidate space.
Slither down the ceiling, crawl up the walls.

Feel the cold stone floor under you back while your feet hold up the sky. Fit your body into this concrete crevice and look for an alternate universe in the cracks in the wall.

Sense does not exist. There isn't much need for it.
3a.m. world is an alternate reality.
You are not you. You can be better or worse or nothing at all.
Nothing exists outside of it so the need for definitions and comparisons does not arise.

I am and that is all that I need to be.
I have nothing.
I am nothing.
I peel my skin away. I pulse. Throb.
I am nothing.
I am everything.
In 3a.m. world I am free to acknowledge everything I am and all that I am not.
Angry. Apathetic. Scared. Hopeful. Fulfilled. Fucked. Finished. Undone.

Had I hoped to be better than this.

No comments:

Annihilate

My teeth hurt. My head is a vice. Every word I've ever choked down imploding me from inside. My arms hurt. My bones are diamond. ...